Fair Processing Notice – Privacy Notice for Job Applicants - Princes Foods B.V.
What is the purpose of this document?
Princes Foods B.V. is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during the recruitment process, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
It applies to whether your application is received direct by Princes Foods B.V. or via an agency. Princes Foods B.V. is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
From the point at which we receive your application for employment we will need to maintain and process data about you for the purposes of reaching and communicating a recruitment decision and production of an offer of employment if appropriate.
Such data is normally retained for 3 months following completion of our recruitment processes in the event of an offer of employment not being made.
Should an offer be made you will be referred to a further fair processing notice alongside any offer covering how such data is used and stored during the processing of offers and subsequent employment.
The kind of information we hold about you
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses (this may include previous addresses for ID verification and staff vetting), telephone numbers, and personal email addresses.
- Previous work history.
- Qualifications and Experience relevant to the role.
- Application details and any psychometric or other numeracy or literacy results.
- Interview details including notes of interviewers, dates and times.
- Recruitment information (references and other information included in a CV or cover letter or as part of the application process).
- Disability Information – such information is deemed to be highly sensitive. The provision by you of such data demonstrates your agreement for us to use this data for monitoring purposes only and to enable us to make adjustments if you are selected for an interview.
- Information about criminal convictions and offences if required for the particular role.
- Driving Licence if applicable.
- Right to work documentation.
How we will use information about you
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To process your application and make a decision about your appointment or recruitment.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- For the purposes of internal record keeping.
- In order to obtain references from those supplied.
- To prevent fraud.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else's interests).
- Where it is needed in relation to legal claims or in the public interest (such as equal opportunities monitoring) or for official purposes.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Information about criminal convictions
We will only collect information about criminal convictions if it is appropriate given the nature of the role and where we are legally able to do so.
Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention.
We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means, however we will notify you in writing if this position changes.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making, unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you.
From time to time we may require third parties to perform functions on our behalf who may have access to such personal information needed to perform such functions.
If so we require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We may transfer your personal information outside the EU. If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information, however, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Data protection officer
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information or wish to exercise any of the rights referred to above you can write to the Data Protection Officer of the Princes Group at the following address: Alicia Brooks, Princes Limited, Royal Liver Building, Pierhead, Liverpool L3 1NX, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time.
There are no current vacancies open at the moment.