Trainee Legal Counsel
- To assist the Senior Legal Counsel in delivering an effective legal service to the Group, both in the UK and overseas;
- To ensure matters are progressed and completed in a timely manner so that the Company meets its commercial goals;
To maintain daily liaison with UK Sales, Marketing and Buying teams under the supervision of the Senior Legal Counsel.
This position reports to and is supervised by the Senior Legal Counsel.
The Principal Responsibilities in the role are:
- To provide legal clearance on advertising and marketing communications and product labels and assist the Trainee Legal Counsel on advertising and marketing campaigns and activities;
- To carry out day-to-day management of the Group Intellectual Property portfolio, liaising with external agents and internal colleagues, ensuring that communications are answered promptly;
- Providing general assistance to the Senior Legal Counsel in the administration of larger scale internal projects including the provision of training to the commercial functions, implementation of new processes and legislation across the Princes Group and carrying out ad-hoc administration tasks such as taking of minutes during meetings; and
- Providing advice and support to the commercial functions including drafting, reviewing and advising on commercial contracts, terms and conditions and non-disclosure agreements in accordance with rules in the Princes Group Management Control documents and adhering to agreed service levels.
Degree level education (2:1 minimum) or equivalent experience.
Experience of working within an in-house legal department or legal firm.
Completed the Legal Practice Course.
A good knowledge of basic software systems including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Attention to detail and ability to plan prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
A team player attitude with a willingness to take a proactive role within the business.