Senior Legal Counsel
To contribute to the growth and profitability of the company through the provision of legal advice and assistance to the Princes Group on contentious and non contentious matters.
- To deliver an effective legal service to the Company, advising colleagues across all business divisions, including Senior Management and Board members.
- Responsibility for the provision of Legal advice across the Princes Group. Managing and supervising qualified and trainee lawyers.
- Ensuring commercial contracts are progressed in a timely manner to ensure the Company meets its commercial goals.
- Managing and progressing litigation and regulatory issues
- Interaction with Senior Management Personnel including Managing Director, Chief Executives and Directors.
- Communicating and working with all parts of the Company both within the UK and internationally, and engaging directly with other stakeholders including suppliers, customers, insurers and external legal counsel.
- Overseeing the provision of Legal support across the Princes Group including management and supervision of qualified and unqualified lawyers..
- Develop and implement plans and process improvements within the Legal Team and wider Departments to support and develop company strategy. Identification of process improvements to accommodate growing workload.
- Negotiating, reviewing, drafting and advising on commercial contracts and terms and conditions. Negotiations will take place with a variety of parties including suppliers, customers, licensors, marketing agencies and regulators in accordance with rules in the Management Control documents and adhering to agreed timescales.
- Provision of training in accordance with the agreed Compliance Programme.
- Advising on a variety of legal issues across the Group including supply issues or contractual disputes to achieve commercial resolutions.
- Ensuring that the Group Legal Counsel is fully appraised as to matters being dealt with.
- To provide Legal support to Senior Management on project based/strategic work.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Qualifying Law Degree or non-Legal Degree Level with a completed Graduate Diploma in Law.
- Completed the Legal Practice Course.
- Qualified Solicitor with up to 5 years post qualification experience (or equivalent qualification/experience).
- Experience of advising in relation to Contract Law on a multi jurisdictional level including negotiating deals with demonstrable track record of success.
- A good all round knowledge with experience of handling a broad range of commercial contracts and general queries both contentious and non contentious
- Experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Knowledge and experience of capital expenditure contracts (MF/1 and NEC) desirable.
- Strong commercial experience and ability to provide innovative solutions to complex legal and commercial issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and staff.
- Proven decision maker with positive attitude, and ability to work on own initiative.
- Attention to detail and ability to plan, prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Responsible for setting out and communicating strategic direction within area of responsibility.
- A team player and an ability and willingness take a proactive role in the business.
- Proven ability of working under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft outlook and word.
- Ability to make decisions under time pressure.
- Interest in self development with a desire to motivate others.
- Ability to exert influence and build strong commercial relationships across different business functions.
- The holder of this position must keep up to date with all relevant law in particular contract and competition law.
How to Apply
Please forward a copy of your CV and covering letter to:
Princes Limited is committed to equality of opportunity. All applicants will be judged solely on their merits.