Programme Manager – Procurement Optimisation
2 direct reports
Establish the Procurement programme, ensuring all deliverables are delivered on time to agreed scope, budget and quality expectations which deliver benefits to Princes.
- Provides constructive technical challenge to the procurement in their delivery of the initiatives so that benefits are maximised.
- Contributes to the implementation of identified initiatives (as required) and new operating model processes through relevant coaching to the teams.
Assess programme to ensure individual projects and deliverables are viable and will meet their defined objectives.
Direct, facilitate and ensure programme work streams create plans / activities that enable delivery of the programme.
Ensure that momentum is maintained throughout the programme so that teams remain motivated and focused on delivery.
Manage and facilitate conflicts and dependencies between various Business Sectors, work streams and other internal projects as required.
Ensure channels of communications are fully implemented and ensures “one voice”, consistently provides updates to the SteerCo and senior stakeholders.
Ensure effective resource management is undertaken so that the programme is resourced with the required and relevant expertise (both internal or external).
Actively review progress, track and challenge risks & issues and make key decisions on how opportunities can be realised.
Act as a point of escalation and ensure collaboration leads to successful outcomes and/or issues/risk mitigation.
Ensure the programme implements and follows the necessary internal Princes controls, governance, quality processes where required.
Manage complex stakeholder relationships and maintain a deep understanding of the needs of others to ensure all activity delivers greatest value.
Driving performance and gaining commitment through developing, coaching, motivating, energising and inspiring team members across all Business Sectors.
Management of day to day discussions with external service providers to ensure the programme will deliver to time, quality and budget.
Ensure the budgeted benefits for the programme are on track, and ensure accurate and punctual reporting.
Contribute to post implementation reviews to incorporate learnings into future programmes.
Flexibility required as the business optimisation programme evolves so as to engage in the management of future programmes.
Travel will be expected in this role, mainly to Princes UK sites but overseas travel may be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Good understanding of Procurement in a service and value delivery context, with ideally some experience gained within food and/or drink manufacture.
- Broad and deep category experience across both indirect and direct spend areas within foods manufacture.
- Proven and demonstrable experience in leading at least one successful global business transformation/change programme.
- Demonstrable experience in working successfully with outsourced service providers.
- Proven track record of managing a broad and complex group of stakeholders across different Business sectors with often differing priorities.
- Results-oriented and customer-focused, able to effectively interact and communicate at senior level.
- Good commercial acumen able to understand and appreciate the impact of design decisions on operating models.
- Desire to make a positive improvement through major business change.
- Can create a vision for the future that others can understand.
- Passionate and ambitious for programme success.
- Ability to lead and champion business change.
- Ability to play role of arbitrator between Business Sectors/functions.
- Able to be seen as a trusted advisor both internally and externally.
- Willingness to step back from how Princes do things today to deliver greater value.
- Confidence in challenging and building trust with senior sponsors/SteerCo.
- Able to adapt quickly to different working practices across sectors/functions.
- Commercially savvy to be able to make value based decision.