MPS Planning Manager – Italian Products
Manage the monthly and weekly Supply Planning business processes for all relevant areas.
Generate feasible supply network plans for the Italian manufactured supply chains, at factory and distribution centre level, and to ensure delivery of these plans.
Overall responsibility for finished product inventory levels, ensuring budget requirements are met, product wastage is minimised, and product availability is maintained at target levels.
Work with stakeholders to ensure all business priorities are understood. Ensure business priorities are reflected in network supply plans, balanced where necessary, and conflicting priorities are resolved:
- Ensure overall business directives are met.
- Ensure site requirements and capabilities are met and considered.
- Ensure supply plans meet budgetary requirements.
- Ensure feasible Distribution Centre plans
- Ensure risks to the Demand Plan and product availability are understood and fully visible.
Continuously develop the APO planning system, and ensure consistent system usage across the MPS Planning Team.
Finished product inventory budget of £65m
1 production site, 28 production lines
Annual production of 30m cases
- Oversee the Monthly and Weekly Supply Planning business processes, to ensure feasible supply plans. Anticipate changes to business requirements; develop and implement process improvements accordingly.
- Understand overall business priorities, directives, and operational constraints, and ensure they are reflected in Supply Plans.
- Work with Finance teams to understand business budgetary requirements, and ensure Supply Plans are aligned.
- Work with Commercial functions across Europe to ensure business requirements are reflected in Supply Plans
- Identify and resolve issues caused by constraints and priorities within the supply plan. Ensure complex, interdependent issues are resolved with reference to the entire Supply Plan.
- Interface with planning functions across all areas, to ensure network-wide planning constraints are resolved.
- Liaise with Demand Planning and Commercial functions to understand the demand signal, and to identify and resolve risks.
- Ensure adequate product availability at Distribution Centre level, through effective production planning and distribution planning. Liaise with Customer Service, to ensure supply risks are visible and prioritisation takes place when necessary.
- Continually develop the APO planning system in line with operational requirements, and ensure consistent usage across the MPS Planning team.
- Work with Group Engineering to support the successful implementation of capex projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Fluent in English and Italian
- Graduate or similar relevant qualification.
- Knowledge and experience of fundamental supply chain planning processes, including production planning, production scheduling, and distribution planning. Ideally gained in a complex FMCG environment.
- Experience of working within a Sales & Operation Planning driven organisation.
- Ability to interact at all business levels, to develop and enforce business processes as required.
- High level of business awareness, allowing for conflicting priorities to be understood and managed.
- Advanced user of SAP APO, or other optimised planning system. Experience in constraint and cost based optimisation.
- Capable of resolving conflicting priorities at all business levels.
How to Apply
Please forward a copy of your CV and covering letter to:
Princes Limited is committed to equality of opportunity. All applicants will be judged solely on their merits.