Princes having created a brand new PMO Lead group role within the Princes organisation to bring a highly structured, professional and strategic approach to project portfolio management.
The PMO Lead role will be instrumental in the delivery of defined business benefits, work across multiple functions to influence and align stakeholders and will be expected to make a strong contribution to the achievement of the Princes growth strategy. This will be achieved through the definition and roll out of a new Project Management Office (PMO) capability, including Process, People and Technology; the definition and implementation of the best operating model for the PMO; the leadership and development of a team of Project Managers covering the full project portfolio within NPD/Change Management; the resolution of escalated issues, whilst aligning projects with strategic goals, full benefits delivery and the achievement of a robust set of KPI’s.
- Lead the development and implementation of the project portfolio and governance frameworks, ensuring the integration of activities across functions and within the context of the broader business strategy.
- Provide leadership, direction and development for the team of Project Managers, as well as coaching for project sponsors where required.
- Plan, organise and coordinate the workload of the Project Managers within the context of broader business strategy and within an annual capacity plan.
- Lead and motivate the team of Project Managers to deliver business and individual objectives and to achieve KPI targets.
- Establish a best practice approach to Project Management across processes, people and technology.
- Develop systems for resource planning and management together with appropriate monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure the provision of project management resource, including management of projects by the role holder.
- Lead the development and maintenance of a PMO repository for project and programme management including the building of a comprehensive repository of project and programme related materials.
- Oversee project costs and ensure appropriate financial and resource management across the portfolio.
- Review programmes and projects for deliverability including adequate resourcing, strategic fit, management and governance.
- Work collaboratively with business unit Senior Leadership teams and NPD/Innovation Steering Group to positively influence project portfolio, providing expertise, challenge and advice.
- Influence relevant internal stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes in line with brand and customer strategic plans.
- Develop the longer term vision for the PMO so as to ensure the delivery of longer term business plans (3-5 years).
- Provide escalation support throughout project lifecycles, ensuring effective resolution of issues.
- Ensure effective project closure, review and implementation of learnings.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with internal and external contacts including Project Managers, Commercial, Marketing, Buying, Sales, Technical, Operations, Engineering and other teams, consultants, and contractors.
- Proven ability to influence others cross-functionally to land new ways of working/commitments – complicated by breadth of projects/number of people involved/geographical distance/site complexity
- Thorough understanding and demonstrable experience of Programme, Portfolio and Project Management practices and frameworks
- Ability to provide effective programme and project governance across multiple business units and geographies
- Experience of establishing and managing a PMO function
- Proven experience of managing large scale programmes including third parties
- Excellent problem solving and facilitation techniques and established coaching skills
- Ability to assess programme risks and define consequences
- MS Project
- PMP / PRINCE II certification
Princes has been established since 1880 and today employees over 8,000 people across our various sites both in the UK and Worldwide with our vision of becoming the ‘First Choice Food and Drink Group’. Our Head Office, based in the vibrant city of Liverpool, sits in the prestigious Royal Liver Building and is home to 450 driven and innovative colleagues who help to ensure our own label products and customer own brand labels are enjoyed by millions of people every day.