Princes are seeking an experienced Transport Manager to join the Supply Chain team in Liverpool. As Transport Manager/ Logistics Manager you will report into the Head of Logistics, the Transport/ Logistics Manager is responsible for the negotiation, start up and on going management of all Transport contracts that form part of the extensive Princes UK logistics network.
The role identifies the need for and ensures that contracts are in place for all transport requirements to meet the business forward demand and to ensure that contractors perform to standard service and standard cost. As such the job holder is responsible for the overall UK transport cost base and therefore the identification of and project management of opportunities to reduce the cost base.
The Logistics Manager works closely with Supply Chain Analysis Manager and all Logistics Centre management to ensure that agreed plans and costs are adhered to by the transport service providers. The Logistics Manager is responsible for
Owning the forward plan for transport and ensuring that resource is contracted and available.
On-going Identification of significant value stream saving opportunities. Managing and overseeing these through from concept through to approval and implementation. These will include tendering of major contracts (with Indirects Buying), contractor selection process, contract negotiation and contract implementation; management of systems implementations (with IT); route to market changes with customers and the Customer Collaboration team.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Extensive knowledge in a warehousing/distribution environment at a P&L responsible level (General Manager or equivalent)
- Extensive knowledge of transport operations, key cost transport drivers and the transport market.
- Extensive contact list with the major UK and regional transport contractors.
- Extensive experience of managing 3rd party logistics contractors
- Demonstrable knowledge of, negotiation of and application of logistics contracts
- Demonstrable knowledge of international logistics and terms of trade
- Ability to communicate at all levels, with authority
- Working knowledge of SAP would be an advantage.
- Experience of budget generation and financial management.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable ability to meet tight and demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrable project management skills
- Demonstrable people management skills
Princes has been established since 1880 and today employees over 8,000 people across our various sites both in the UK and Worldwide with our vision of becoming the 'First Choice Food and Drink Group’. Our Head Office, based in the vibrant city of Liverpool, sits in the prestigious Royal Liver Building and is home to 450 driven and innovative colleagues who help to ensure our own label products and customer own brand labels are enjoyed by millions of people every day.